|Name||Iannis M. Sigalas|
|Profession||Child Psychiatrist, doctor of the Athens University|
|Date of Birth||June 22, 1955|
|Place of Birth||Athens, Greece|
|Marital Status||Married, one child|
|Telephone Number||+30 6944 396049|
|E – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|1979||M.D., Medical School, University of Athens (Grade 8/10, Very Good).|
|Nov. ’81 – Nov. ‘82||Resident in Internal Medicine, Centre of Respiratory Failure, “Sotiria” Hospital of Athens.|
|Jan. ’83 – Jan. ‘84||Resident in Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, “Evangelismos” General Hospital of Athens.|
|Mar. ’84 – Mar. ‘85||Resident in Pulmonary Medicine, University Department of Pulmonary Medicine, “Sotiria” Hospital of Athens.|
|May 1985||Licence in the Speciality of Pulmonary Medicine.|
|Oct. ’89 – Apr. ‘90||Resident in Neurology, Department of Neurology, General University Hospital of Patras.|
|Jun. ’90 – Dec. ‘91||Resident in Psychiatry, University Department of Psychiatry, “Agios Andreas” General Hospital of Patras.|
|Mar. ’92 – Mar. ‘94||Resident in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Child Psychiatry, “Agia Sofia” General Children Hospital of Athens.|
|June 1994||Licence in the Speciality of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.|
TRAINING IN PSYCHOTHERAPY
|1981 - 1986||Training in Systemic Family and Group Psychotherapy in the Athenian Institute of Anthropos (A.I.A.) (please refer to relevant A.I.A.’s Certificate).|
|Jun. ’90 – Dec. 91||As a resident in Psychiatry training in: a) Supervised Individual Adult Psychotherapy (120 hours)· and b) supervised Group Psychotherapy of hospitalized patients (150 hours).|
|Mar. ’92 – Mar. 94||As a resident in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry training in: a) Supervised Individual Children and Adolescent Psychotherapy (240 hours); and b) supervised Infant Observation (50 hours).|
|May 2010||European Certificate of Psychotherapy by the European Association for Psychotherapy.|
PARTICIPATION IN SCIENTIFIC ASSOCIATIONS
- Greek Child Psychiatric Association.
- Greek Psychiatric Association.
- Association for the Promotion and Research of Human Relations.
- Founding member of the Greek Association of Systemic Therapy.
- European Association for Psychotherapy.
PROFESSIONAL / SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITY
|Jul. ’95 – to date||Child Psychiatrist in the Child Mental Health Center (C.M.H.C.) of the Greek Social Security Organization (S.S.O.). Within this context I have responsibility of:
Since September 1998 I am Director of the Department of Education and Research of the Center. Within this context I am responsible for:
|1986 – to date||Scientific Associate of the Athenian Institute of Anthropos (A.I.A.) with the following responsibilities:
|January – June 2018||Lecturer at the Interdepartmental - Interuniversity Postgraduate Program "Counseling Psychology and Counseling in Education, Health and Labor", conducted by the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and the Democritus University of Thrace.|
|2018 – to date||Clinical Supervision of the “Iera Odos” Therapeutic Team of the 18 Anw Unit for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation, of the Attiki Psychiatric Hospital.|
|1995 - 2000||Family Support and Parent Consultation as a Scientific Associate of the Therapeutic Program “Nostos” of the Therapy Center for Depentent Individuals.|
|Jun. ‘95 – Aug. ‘95||Trainer in three Educational Programs, conducted by the Greek Organization Against Toxic Substances and sponsored by the European Social Fund και την Greek Youth Secretariat, for unemployed Mental Health Professionals and Social Scientists. Subject: “Consultation for Dependent Individuals”.|
|Aug. ‘94 – Aug 2000||Consultant in Summer Camping Programs for children with special needs organized by the Mutual Health Fund of the Personell of the National Bank of Greece.|
|Aug. ‘96 – Aug. 2000||Consultant in Summer Camping Programs for children with special needs organized by the Agricultural Bank of Greece.|
|Nov. ‘94 – Jul. ‘95||Scientific Co-ordinator of the Training Program for Foster Mothers, sponsored by European Social Fund and the Greek Ministry of Health and carried out by the Normative National Nursing Home in Kallithea.|
|Nov. ‘94 – Jul. ‘95||Trainer in the Training Program for unemployed psychologists, social workers and kindergarden teachers, sponsored by European Social Fund and the Greek Ministry of Health and carried out by the Normative National Nursing Home. Subject: “Working with Families with Pre-school Children”.|
|Oct. ‘87 – Jun. ‘89||Mental Health Promotion in Rural Communities as a Scientific Associate of the Association of Social Psychiatry and Mental Health.|
|Aug. ‘86 – Jun. ‘89||Pulmonologist in the branch office of the Greek Security Organization (S.S.O.) in Paralia Distomou.|
|Jul. ‘85 – Aug. ‘86||General practitioner in the village of Davlia, Voiotia.|
|May ‘81 – Oct. ‘82||Assistant doctor in the Surgical Department of the “Ygia” hospital.|
OTHER SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITIES
|June ‘88||Dissertation in Athens University. Subject: “Clinical and Pathophysiologic Findings in the Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome”.|
|Dec. 1996||Participation in the 1st Forum of Training, Psychotherapeutic and Counseling Centers in Athens.
|July 1997||Scientific Co-ordinator of a workshop on “Family Support Programs” in a two - day training seminar for the personell of the Therapy Center for Depentent Individuals in Athens. In this workshop paper presentation: “Family Program of the ‘Nostos’ Therapeutic Program. Philosophy, Structure, Diversities”.|
|March 1999||Trainer in the Program of the Ministry of Education “Health Promotion in Schools” for School Teachers.|
|Dec. ‘99 – Feb. 2000||Trainer in the Program “Education of Teachers for Guidance and Counceling” organized by the University of Athens. Subjects: Family and Group Dynamics and Principles of Human Communication (100 hours).|
|March 2000||Experiential workshop in a two – day Seminar of the American “Pierce” College. Subject: “Teacher’s Work before 21st Century’s Challenges” (2 hours).|
|August 2000||Trainer in the Program “Training of Professionals of Supporting Services against Social Exclusion”. Subject: Group Dynamics (20 hours).|
|May and June 2001, April 2003||Scientific Director of three Training Programs for Administrative Officials of the S.S.O. “Communication in the Working Area” in Athens and Thessaloniki. Trainer in the same Programs (15 hours).|
|June 2003||Scientific Director of a Training Program for Health Officials of the S.S.O. "Family – New conditions, new perspectives", in Athens. Trainer in the same Program.|
|Jan, 2009 and Oct. 2009||Lectures about Adolescence in two training programs for foreign language teachers in Panteion University, Athens.|
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS – POSTERS
- I.M. Sigalas, E. Eliopoulos, H. Koundouris, P. Behrakis and S. Magriotis: Treatment of Adult Respiratory Distress syndrome in a greek intensive care unit. 9th Greek Medical Conference, Athens, 1983.
- N.M. Siafakas, K. Tsirogiannis, B. Filaditaki, J. Milic – Emili, I.M. Sigalas and H. Gautier: Influence of pentovarvital in contracting properties of the diafragm and the mechanical parameters of respiration. 9th Greek Medical Conference, Athens, 1983.
- P. Behrakis, J. P. Veldekis, G.B. Katsaris, I. M. Sigalas and J. C. Valavanis: Immediate changes of lung volumes and lung mechanics, due to Boston brace wearing in idiopathic scoliosis. 11th Scoliosis Symposium «N. Giannestras», Athens, 1983.
- B. Filaditaki, I.M. Sigalas, E. Eliopoulos, A. Argyropoulos, N. Siafakas and D. Ikkos: Functional tests of the lungs in acromegalic patients. 11th Conference of the Greek Endocrinologic Association, Patras, 1983.
- I.M. Sigalas, D. Zois, K. Tsirogiannis, B. Filaditaki, G. Tsoukalas and N.M. Siafakas: Analysis of the flow – volume curve in acromegalic patients. 10th Greek Medical Conference, Athens, 1984.
- N.M. Siafakas, K. Tsirogiannis, I.M. Sigalas, I. Bibakis, I. Arapis, B. Filaditaki, H. Gautier: Influence of pentovarvital in the morphology of spirometry. 10th Greek Medical Conference, Athens, 1984.
- I. Arapis, D. Zois, G. Tsoukalas, I. Bibakis, I. Sigalas and N.M. Siafakas: Fiberoptic bronchoscopy in a general hospital. 10th Greek Medical Conference, Athens, 1984.
- I.M. Sigalas, B. Filaditaki, K. Tsirogiannis, N.M. Siafakas: Lung function in acromegaly. Annual Meeting of S.E.P.C.R., Barcelona, 1984.
- P. Behrakis, N.M. Siafakas, J. Veldekis, G. Katsaris, I. Sigalas, I. Valavanis: Thoracoabdominal restriction as a cause of reduced stastic lung compliance during «Boston brace» treatment of idiopathic scoliosis. Annual Meeting of S.E.P.C.R., Barcelona, 1984.
- I.M. Sigalas, B. Filaditaki, G. Tsoukalas, N. M. Siafakas: Small airway function in acromegaly: Lung growth in adults. 19th Annual Meeting of S.E.P.C.R., Hage, 1985.
- I.M. Sigalas, G. Vassiliou: A Systemic - Dialectic approach to prevention and therapy in a greek community in transition. 6th Mediterranean Congress of Social Psychiatry, Zagreb, 1987.
- I.M. Sigalas, V. Sigala: Application of the biopsychosocial approach in the primary health care. 2nd Greek Conference of Family Medicine, Athens, 1989.
- P. Kordoutis, S. Korlou, I.M. Sigalas, V. Hantzara: Child psychiatric first aids: Teacher’s role. 6th Greek Conference “After the Accident”, Volos, 1994.
- P. Kordoutis, S. Korlou, I.M. Sigalas, V. Hantzara: Child psychiatric first aids: Health official’s role. 6th Greek Conference “After the Accident”, Volos, 1994.
- I.M. Sigalas, L. Christoforou, K. Kontos, P. Polychronis: Child - psychiatric consultation for the development of camping programs for children with special needs. III European Conference in Counselling, Athens, 1996.
- N. Markettos, E. Foka, P. Antoniou, I.M. Sigalas, A. Lepatatzi, D. Karayannis: The application of systemic approach on the intensive outpatient treatment of adolescents with psychiatric disorders. 10th World Congress of the International College of Pediatrics and Child Care - Adolescent Medicine, Athens, 1996.
- K. Batsalias and I.M. Sigalas: Family program in a theurapeutic community and systemic approach. 2nd Scientific Symposium “Family – Systemic Therapy in Greece Today”, Thessaloniki, 1997.
- N. Markettos, P. Antoniou, E. Foka, I.M. Sigalas, A. Lepatatzi, D. Karayannis: The application of systemic approach for the outpatient treatment of families with disturbed adolescents. 1st European Conference on Psychotherapy, Athens, 1997.
- I.M. Sigalas, H. Lykoudis: The family therapy program of "Nostos": Functional principles - objectives - therapeutic methods. 1st European Conference on Psychotherapy, Athens, 1997.
- I.M. Sigalas, T. Trakaki, D. Karagiannis: Experiential seminar for parent sensitization. Its application for mental health promotion of the child and the family. 1st Greek Child Psychiatric Conference, Athens, 1999.
- I.M. Sigalas, T. Trakaki, N. Marketos: Comparative study of two adolescent therapeutic group processes. 2nd Greek Child Psychiatric Conference, Athens, 2001.
- M. Alifragi – Sakka, I.M. Sigalas, C. Kalyva, D. Karagiannis: Experiential training of teachers for guidance and counceling in schools. IVth European Conference of the European Family Therapy Association, Budapest, 2001.
- D. Magriplis, D. Karagiannis, N. Marketos, I.M. Sigalas: The application of systemic epistemology in public health service. IVth European Conference of the European Family Therapy Association, Budapest, 2001.
- M. Armenaka, I.M. Sigalas, D. Karagiannis: Social neglect. New diagnostic entity? Reflections and impact of socio - economic crisis on children 's development. 8th Greek Child Psychiatric Conference, Athens, 2013.
- M. Armenaka, I.M. Sigalas, M. Tzoveni, A. Lepatatzi, O. Antonopoulou, D. Karagiannis: Selective mutism: The collaboration of different psychotherapeutic schools and interventions for the benefit of 2 families with children with selective mutism. 8th Greek Child Psychiatric Conference, Athens, 2013.
- Th. Trakaki, I.M. Sigalas: The value crisis as a driving power in mental health education: A Systemic Approach in the Athens Child Mental Health Center. 8th Greek Child Psychiatric Conference, Athens, 2013.
PARTICIPATION IN ROUNDTABLES.
- Karagiannis, I.M. Sigalas, N. Marketos, L. Iakovou, P. Antoniou, S. Kanakaris, Ch. Kaliva: Athens Child Mental Health Centre - The application of systemic epistemology in a public health service. 8th World Congress of the International Family Therapy Association, Athens, 1996 (Booth presentation).
- I.M. Sigalas: The role of group psychotherapy in mental health promotion of the child and family. Lecture in the roudtable called “Systemic approach of the family and the community”. 1st Greek Child Psychiatric Conference, Athens, 1999.
- I.M. Sigalas: Parent group therapy. From the treatment of symptoms to the promotion of family / couple relations. Lecture in a roundtable called “Multilevel reframing – family therapy in Greece today”. Third Greek Meeting “Systemic Approach – Family Therapy in Greece Today”, Thessaloniki, 2000.
- I.M. Sigalas: The Role of adolescent group psychotherapy in the treatment of child psychiatric disorders. 2nd Greek Child Psychiatric Conference, Athens, 2001.
- I.M. Sigalas: The contribution of the group process to the development of the teenager’s autonomy. Lecture in the roundtable called “Supporting the Greek Family in the Face of the 21st Century". Conference “The Greek Family”, Athens, 2002.
- I.M. Sigalas: From Adolescence to Autonomy. The Transition to Adulthood. Lecture in a roundtable called "Looking forward Life. Clinical Work with Adolescents and their Families". 3d Greek Child Psychiatric Conference, Athens, 2003.
- I.M. Sigalas: Heading towards Autonomy. The Stage of the Young Unrestrained Adult, as it is Mirrored through the Group Process. . Lecture in the roundtable called “Searching for the Person in the Group Therapeutic Process”. 2nd Regional Mediterranean Conference of the International Association of Group Psychotherapy, Athens, 2004.
- I.M. Sigalas, D. Kottorou: Family Dynamics and the Development of Depression. Clinical Workshop, 7th Hellenic Child Psychiatric Conference, Athens, 2011.
- I.M. Sigalas: Organizations in Crisis: Somebody has to talk about the unpleasant. Lecture in the roundtable called “What the swallows are accusing you is the spring you did not bring ... The challenge of exploiting the difference”. 10th Hellenic Child Psychiatric Conference, Athens, 2018.
- I.M. Sigalas: Student training in times of crisis: Hard work + enthusiasm! Lecture in the workgroup titled “Groups in Crisis: Consultation, Training and Human Rights”. Seminar "Human Rights Counseling and Supervision", National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, 2018.
- Sigalas I.M. and Behrakis P.K.: Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Hellenic Pneumol. Review, 2: 7 – 22, 1984.
- Siafakas N.M., Zois D., Tsoukalas G., Arapis I., Sigalas I.M., Bibakis I,. Filaditaki B. and Tsirogiannis K.: Fiberobtic bronchoscopy. Analysis of the first 100 bronchoscopies at Evangelismos Hospital. Nosokomiaka Chronika, 46: 344 – 350, 1984.
- Sigalas I.M., Eliopoulos E., Koundouris E., Behrakis P. and Magriotis S.: Clinical and pathophysiological observations in Adult Respiratory Distress syndrome. Iatriki, 46: 227 – 233, 1984.
- Siafakas N.M., Sigalas I., Filaditaki B., Tsirogiannis K., Eliopoulos E. and Ikkos D.: Small Airways Function in Acromegaly. Amer. Rev. Resp. Dis., 129: A284, 1984 (abstract).
- Behrakis P. K., Veldekis J., Katsaris G., Sigalas I. and Valavanis I.: Thoracoabdominal Restriction as a Cause of Reduced Static Lung Compliance during «Boston Brace» Treatment of Idiopathic Scoliosis. Bull. Eur. Physiopathol. Respir., 20: 27A (abstract).
- Arapis I,. Michailidis L., Sigalas I.M., Alevizaki K., Eliopoulos E., Bibakis I, and Siafakas N.M.: Total and partial effective time of the maximal expiratory spirogram of acromegalic patients. Hellen. Pneumol. Rev., 3: 271 – 279, 1985.
- Sigalas I., Filaditaki B. Tsirogiannis K. and Siafakas N.M.: Lung function in acromegaly. Bull. Eur. Physiopathol. Respir., 21: 39A, 1985 (abstract).
- Sigalas I., Filaditaki – Loverdou B., Zois D., Tsirogiannis K., Argiropoulos A. and Siafakas N.M.: Lung function in acromegaly, Iatriki, 49: 21 – 26, 1986.
- Siafakas N.M., Zois D., Arapis I., Tsoukalas G. and Sigalas I.: Radiographic Determination of Total Lung Caracity in Patients with Acromegaly. Br. J. Dis. Chest, 81: 280 - 286, 1987.
- Siafakas N.M., Sigalas I., Filaditaki B. and Tsirogiannis K.: Small Airway Function in Acromegaly. Bull. Eur. Physiopathol. Respir., 23: 329 - 334, 1987.
- Sigalas I. and Vassiliou G.: A Dialectic - Systemic Approach to Prevention and Therapy in a Greek Community in Transition. Medit. Journal of Social Psychiat., 9 - 10: 69 - 71, 1988 – 89.
- Sigalas I.M., Trakaki T. and Karagiannis D.: The contribution of parent group psychotherapy to the prevention and treatment of child psychiatric disorders. Tetradia Psychiatrikis, No 72, Oct. – Nov. – Dec. 2000, p. 75 – 88.
- Sigalas I.M., Trakaki Th., Alifragi M. and Karagiannis D.: Development of a multilevel – multifocal training program. Metalogos 22/2012, p. 86 – 105.
- Sigalas I.M., Sorras Ch.: Internet: A valuable tool - A dangerous threat. Aeroporiki Epitheorisi, No 99 – 100, April 2014, p. 65 – 77.
- Sigalas I.M., Trakaki Th., Kalyva Chr., Karagiannis D.: Application of experiential principles in the clinical practice of students. Koinwniki Ergasia, No 124, 2016, p. 21 0 41. https://socwork.gr/itemlist/category/229-etos-31-teyxos-124-2016.